Thursday 19 November 2009

Preliminary Task


This is my preliminary task of a college magazine. I have chosen to take the photo in the college library and i think this worked quite well and the books as props were a good idea because the colours of them make the image sand out. I like the angle of the shot as it is mainly focused on the model surrounding with books which i feel reflects a college magazine. The main heading stands out from the rest of the text and the other sub headings are eye catching as they are all different colours. I like the angle of the shot as it is clear and leaves room for most of the sub headings on the cover. I also like how the different headings are spread out as it is easy and clear to read each. I also think the different colours used really helps to attract potential customers, especially the main title as it is a bright, eye-catching colour. To improve my college magazine, i could of left more room at the top of the shot for the main title as at the moment my main heading is at the side of the picture and therefore doesn't fit the classical magazine cover rule. Another thing i could improve on to make my college magazine better is to use brighter colours on the subheadings to make my magazine stand out more and catch peoples eye when glancing at the magazine quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment