Sunday 24 January 2010

Fonts

Planning Background
After seeing this image of Dirty Pretty Things, which are a band in same genre as my own, I think that a 'clear' background is a very good idea for my front cover shot. I think this as it helps you to focus on the features band and also ensures the shot if not over-powering at first glance. It helps the shot be direct between reader and the band. As I will be using a blank canvas for my cover shot, I may experiment with different backgrounds for the other shots of the band.
Fonts
This is one font that i was really attracted too when researching fonts. It is nice and bold so clear to catch
peoples eye at a slight glance but at the same time is quite messy and looks like it is out of a newspaper
cutting. I like how all of the letters are different size and i think it could possible represent my genre






I like this font and think it could be appropriate for my music magazine font, as it is easy to read but also i think has the conatations of the 'indie/alternative' font. The only thing that might be wrong with using this font is that it isnt eye-catching when you slightly glance at it







This is the first font that caught my eye when researching fonts for my music magazine name. I liked this one as i think it represents my 'indie/alternative' genre as it is quite a scribbled and messy font but at the same time you can read what it says. I like how each letter seems to be in its old box, like a news paper cutting.



No comments:

Post a Comment