Monday 18 January 2010

Music Videos


This music video is 'The View- 5 Rebeccas' and it shows the tour of the band The View. I think this is a great music video to gain inspiration and ideas from for my music video as it shows the whole lifestyle of bands in the 'Indie/Alternative' genre. It shows the kinds of festivals they play, backstage footage of how they act and also the way in which they dress. A good thing i can gain from watching this video is it shows the kind of audience that support the band and watch them, this is great when deciding my target audience. This music video really gives you an insight into bands life styles off stage and this can help me when i talk about them in my magazine and article. It also really shows off their bad boy images which is a key esential in this specific genre. This video also shows the dedication to music when the band are playing and shows the 'rock and roll' image of the band, showing their guitars and jumping around on stage.

This video is 'The Paddingtons- stand down' showing the band on stage and also off stage. I have chosen this video as i really think it catches the whole lifestyle of a typical British indie band. The music video shows the band also backstage which really gives us in a sinsight into what bands are like behind closed doors. In this musc video, it shows the typical clothes and behaviour of the band, this is important for my research as this band are similar to the one featured in my magazine. I can style the featured band by getting inspiration from The Paddingtons styles. This video will also inspire my image of the band such as the way they should pose and the expressions they should portray. One feature of this video that can inpsire my magazine is the whole 'rock and roll' life the band seem to live. My music magazine is based around the whole British 'rock and roll' culture that is seen is the 'indie/alternative' genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment