Tuesday 8 December 2009

Target Audience

A 'target audience' is the specific group of people you want to target and direct your product towards. My target audience for my music magazine will be for 14-19 year olds and will not be specific to a gender. My magazine will be targeting teenagers as they are usually the type of people who buy music magazine and want to know about the latest music. My magazine will belong in the middle class, right through to subsidence class. I can determine my target audience by using graphic profiling. I will make my magazine out of eco-friendly paper to help the environement as global warming is occuring, this will also boost sales from other target audiences who care for the environment. My music magazine will be available to anyone who wants to buy it and wont be regulated to a specific market. Maslow created a theory called maslows heirachy of needs. In this there was five stages which are: basic needs, safety needs, soical needs, esteem needs and self-actualization. Out of these, i think my magazine will cover the esteem needs as it will show the band in my feature article are down to earth and help the audience to relate to them. I also think my music magazine will cover the self actualization as it will feature creativity and moratlity. My magazine will appeal to its target audience by the colours i use and the style of my fonts etc. Also i will feature bands that my target audience will reconize and want to read about such as Twisted Wheel, The Smiths, The Courteeners, The Enemy and The Coral





No comments:

Post a Comment