Tuesday 8 December 2009

Representation

In my music magazine, there will be 5 protagonists as they are the band i have used for the cover/contents and feature article, they are promoting there new cd. My magazine will feature my feature band in different locations and also playing live in different locations. My protagonists will be stereotypcally 'indie' as that is the genre of my magzine, this will be represented from their clothes, how they speak and also the shots of them. The characteristics of my protagonists are shown through the shots in my magazine and this is a feature in my magazine that may extend my audience. Walter Lipmans four functions of stereotypes are: they are an ordering process, sterotypes are short cuts for journalists, they are a map of the world so that people can associate different places with certain stereotypes and also that stereotypes are an expresion of our values and beliefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment