Tuesday 8 December 2009

Research of images

The first image that caught my eye and appealed to me was this shot of The Strokes. I think this image is good as it shows the band as powerful and mighty as they are looking down at the camera, i really like the shot and may use it in my magazine. This image really shows the typical clothing worn by bands in the 'indie' genre of music and also the colours they wear, black and red which are the typical colours of clothing. They give off the bad boy image as they all have scruffy trainers on and some have leather jackets on. I also like the fact that the background is plain as it helps you to focus just on the band and you can also see there shadows going towards the camera which i feel is effective.
Another image that caught my attention that i think reflects the culture of 'indie/alternative' which is what my music magazine is about, is this picture of The Libertines. I think this image reflects the rock and roll culture as it shows The Libertines playing live, with Carl Barat and Pete Doherty sharing a microphone wearing leather jackets and playing guitars. This image i feel really shows off the 'bad lad rock' image to the public and i think would attract my target audience. I really like the angle of this shot as it is very close up and its almost as if you are at the gig, watching them.

No comments:

Post a Comment